The Sansevieria Robusta is a Snake Plant known for its thick, predominantly dark green leaves that are streaked with silver. This house plant classic is easy to care for and is a great option if you are new to owning plants, travel often or if you need something low-maintenance for your office! As this is a desert plant, it will grow fastest and be happiest in the brightest light possible, but it is extremely shade tolerant. This plant can also go a reasonably long time without water (sometimes over a month!) and the number one cause of their death is overwatering, so be cautious and you should be fine
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Sansevieria Robusta
- Pronunciation: san-suh-veer-ee-uh
- Common Name: Snake Plant
- Family: Asparagaceae
- Native Range: Africa
Ed's Care Guide
- Care Level: Easy
- Light: Can tolerate any lighting conditions but prefers indirect light. In low light conditions, the leaves may turn a darker green color but will still retain its silvery sheen.
- Water: Allow soil to completely dry out before watering. Plant is drought-tolerant.
- Humidity: Medium
- Temperature: 55-85F
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves and control growth.
- Feeding: Fertilize with a general-purpose plant food twice a year in spring and summer.
- Propagation: Easily propagated through division
- Growth: Can grow up to 2’ feet tall
- Pests: Generally resilient to pests
- Toxicity: Toxic to humans and pets