The Goldfish Plant is an adorable cascading house plant that craves sun and will treat you with an exciting display of flashes of orange flowers that look slightly like a goldfish! Long-lived, easy to grow, and fun to watch mature, the Goldfish Plant is a fun introduction to break up the monotony of common houseplants. Give this plant a little room, and it can grow up to 3'!
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Nematanthus gregarious
- Common Name(s): Goldfish Plant
- Family: Gesneriaceae
- Native Range: Central America, Caribbean
Ed's Care Guide
- Care Level: Moderate
- Light: Bright, Indirect Light
- Water: Keep soil moist and assure that your soil is well draining
- Humidity: Higher Humidity Is Favorable
- Temperature: 65-75F
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves.
- Feeding: Fertilize using a general-purpose houseplant fertilizer monthly during spring and summer
- Propagation: Stem Cuttings
- Growth: Vining, Bushy
- Common Pests: Look out for aphids, mealybugs, and mites
- Toxicity: Known to be nontoxic to dogs, cats and humans yet may cause reactions in certain individuals if ingested. With all plants we recommend keeping them out of reach of children and pets.