Aglaonema 'Red Valentine' Chinese Evergreen
The Aglaonema ‘Red Valentine’ is perfect for someone who needs a low-light office plant, but doesn’t want to stick with a traditional green motif! Their dramatic leaves lined with green and ranging from pink to deep red look surreal, and we love that they continue to put on a show even if they begin to yellow and die off. Water once the soil is dry and don’t worry too much about light- these tend to do well under under artificial light, but of course flourish near a sunny window!
Grown in the United States of America
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Aglaonema
- Common Name(s): Anyamanee, Aglaonema Red, Chinese Evergreen, Red Valentine
- Native Range: Asia, New Guinea
Ed's Care Guide
- Care Level: Easy
- Light: Prefers medium to low light conditions. Can tolerate indirect light
- Water: Keep soil moist during the spring and summer. Water less frequently in the winter. Avoid over-watering
- Humidity: Moderate to high humidity
- Temperature: 65-80F. Avoid cold drafts.
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves.
- Feeding: Fertilize with diluted liquid fertilizer during spring and summer.
- Propagation: Root division, Stem Cuttings
- Growth: Upright, Bushy
- Common Pests: Look out for mealy bugs
- Toxicity: Toxic to humans and pets