Ed's Dirt is our line of hand-blended potting mixes that are created to suit different plants’ needs. Not all soils are created equal! Generous 1-Quart package fills several 4" pots or at least one 6" pot.
Here’s how we measure up:
- We practice sustainability: our blends start with coco coir and coco chips, a renewable resource. We do not use non-renewable peat moss.
- Due to concerns about fluoride, we don't use perlite.
- We use compostable bags and labels for our retail products.
- We know that whole ingredients are better for all of us – plants included! We use real ingredients like alfalfa meal, flax seed meal, and rock dust to ensure balance for your plants.
- We also include charcoal and humates to encourage healthy root growth.
Above all, we take the work out of re-potting plants. By choosing Ed's Dirt you are giving your plants the highest-quality substrate on the market, without the guesswork of creating a recipe that’s responsive to each species’ needs.
Tropical Climber: for monstera, hoya, pothos, climbing philodendrons, and other climbing tropicals
Rainforest Floor: for anthurium, syngonium, spathiphyllum, alocasia, bird of paradise, and other ground-dwelling tropicals
Tropical Succulent: created for the sanseviera in a sunny window
Grassland: for dracaenas, ZZ plants, and other grassland plants
Desert Succulent: for aloe, echeveria, agave, and other desert succulents
'Pray for Us': for marantas, calatheas, ctenanthes, stromanthes
'Strings of Things': for strings of pearls, dolphins, bananas, hearts, turtles, etc
'Zombie Maiden': for maidenhair ferns
'Heavenly Fluff' Begonia Blend: for all types of begonias