Ficus Lyrata 'Fiddle Leaf Fig'
Fiddle Leaf Figs are pretty trendy right now! These plants come in either tree or bush form and feature large, heavily veined green leaves that grow upright. This plant prefers bright, indirect light and high humidity to thrive.
Ed's Plant Profile
- Scientific Name: Ficus fic
- Common Name: Fiddle Leaf Fig
- Family: Mulberry and Fig
- Native Range: Western Africa
Ed's Care Guide
- Light: Needs Bright, indirect Light. Will rapidly deteriorate in dim lighting.
- Water: Evenly moist. Avoid over watering
- Humidity: High
- Temperature: 65-75°F
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves and control growth.
- Feeding: Fertilize bi-weekly with a weak green plant liquid solution during the spring and summer.
- Propagation: Stem or leaf cuttings and air layering
- Pests: Subject to common pests
- Toxicity: Highly toxic to humans and pets