Oxalis Spiralis ssp. Vulcanicola 'Plum Crazy'
Ed's Plant Profile
- Scientific Name: Oxalis Spiralis ssp. Vulcanicola
- Common Name: Oxalis 'Plum Crazy'
- Family: Oxalidaceae
- Native Range: South America
Ed's Care Guide
- Light: Prefers bright indirect light, tolerates partial shade
- Water: Water once the top inch of soil is dry, water less in winter as they go dormant
- Soil: Use a well draining potting mix
- Humidity: Standard room humidity
- Temperature: 60-80F
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves and control growth.
- Feeding: Apply a balanced liquid houseplant fertilizer biweekly as needed and reduce frequency in winter.
- Propagation: Division
- Growth: Compact - Can grow to be about 6-8" tall and 2' wide.
- Pests: Few pest problems but look out for aphids. Place outside to attract butterflies!
- Toxicity: Edible for humans, the leaves have an acidic taste