Sansevieria Trifasciata ‘Laurentii’
The Sansevieria Trifasciata 'Laurentii’ is another popular, robust variety of Snake Plant that is easy to care for. Distinguished by leaves that are banded yellow on both sides, this is actually the variegated version of the ‘Black Coral’ Snake Plant! Mature leaf centers are the dark green streaked light gray-green from the ‘Black Coral’. If you are new to owning houseplants or looking for sone thing low-maintenance, then this plant should be at the top of your list!
Preferring bright light but being able to live in the shade, and being a drought-tolerant succulent make this an extremely hands-off plant. You can expect to water it every two weeks at the most but be sure the soil is completely dry before giving these any water and you should be safe
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Sansevieria Trifasciata ‘Laurentii’
- Pronunciation: san-suh-veer-ee-uh
- Common Name: Laurentii
- Family: Asparagaceae
- Native Range: Africa
Ed's Care Guide
- Care Level: Easy
- Light: Can tolerate any light conditions but prefers indirect light. In low light conditions, the leaves may turn a darker green color but still retains its silvery sheen.
- Water: Allow soil to completely dry out before watering. Plant is drought-tolerant.
- Humidity: Medium
- Temperature: 65-90F
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves and control growth.
- Feeding: Fertilize with a general-purpose plant food twice a year in spring and summer.
- Propagation: Easily propagated through division
- Growth: Upright. Can grow up to 2’ feet tall
- Pests: Generally resilient to pest
- Toxicity: Toxic to humans and pets