Sansevieria are known for being extremely easy to care for and this variety is no different. However this plants extra rigid, almost black leaves set it apart. With the right pot, the Sansevieria Zulu resembles a sculpture
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Sansevieria
- Pronunciation: san-suh-veer-ee-uh
- Common Name: Zulu
- Family: Asparagaceae
- Native Range: Africa
Ed's Care Guide
- Care Level: Easy
- Light: Can tolerate any lighting conditions but prefers indirect light. In low light conditions, the leaves may turn a darker green color but will still retain its silvery sheen.
- Water: Allow soil to completely dry out before watering. Plant is drought-tolerant.
- Humidity: Medium
- Temperature: 55-85F
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves and control growth.
- Feeding: Fertilize with a general-purpose plant food twice a year in spring and summer.
- Propagation: Easily propagated through division
- Growth: Can grow up to 2’ feet tall
- Pests: Generally resilient to pests
- Toxicity: Toxic to humans and pets