The Dieffenbachia 'Camouflage' plant is fuss-free house plant that takes its common name from its large leaves of palest jade that are randomly patterned with darker green spots of varying shapes and sizes. As with all varieties of the Dieffenbachia family of plants, the 'Camouflage' prefers to be kept on the moist side and should not be allowed to dry out. It also prefers bright, indirect light but can tolerate some shade.
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Dieffenbachia spp.
- Common Name: Camouflage
- Family: Arum
- Native Range: Central America
Ed's Care Guide
- Care Level: Easy
- Light: Prefers bright, indirect light
- Water: Keep the plant's top inch of soil moist. Will tolerate extended periods of watering neglect, but the leaves will begin to shrivel.
- Humidity: Moderate
- Temperature: 65-75F
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves.
- Feeding: Fertilize with a full strength mixture of standard, balanced fertilizer once a month during spring and summer
- Propagation: Cuttings
- Common Pests: Look out for spider mites, aphids, mealybugs, and scale insects
- Toxicity: Toxic to humans and pets
What to expect
You will receive a healthy plant that meets our strict quality standards in a nursery pot size of your choosing. No two plants are alike, and yours will have its own unique shape, size and personality; expect this natural variation from the photos. We offer a plant health guarantee on all of our plants! Please see our Shipping Policy and Refund Policy for more information.