False Aralia Floor Plant - NYC Local Pickup & Delivery Only
This Plant Must Be Purchased And Reserved Online Before Pickup. Please Allow 7-10 Days For Your Order To Be Prepared
The False Aralia goes by different botanical and common names, depending on who you ask. However, regardless of what you may call it, these are plants characterized by their unique long, narrow, dark green leaves with saw-tooth edges that are a reddish colored at first, but with maturity, turn dark green, appearing almost black on some plants. It is an easy to care for plant, requiring moderate to bright indirect light for best growth. It has the added benefits of being an air purifier and friendly to all your two and four legged family and friends.
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Dizygotheca Elegantissima, Schefflera Elegantissima
- Common Name(s): False Aralia, Spider Aralia, Threadleaf Aralia
- Family: Araliaceae
- Native Range: New Caledonia
Ed's Care Guide
- Care Level: Easy
- Light: Prefers moderate to bright indirect light
- Water: Water when the soil is almost completely dry
- Humidity: Moderate to high humidity
- Temperature: 65-85F
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves.
- Feeding: Fertilize every two weeks with liquid houseplant fertilizer during spring and summer and monthly in fall and winter
- Propagation: Stem cuttings
- Common Pests: Look out for mealybugs and spider mites
- Toxicity: Non-toxic to humans and pets. However, with all plants, we recommend you exercise caution with children and pets.