'Golden Crocodile' philodendron, also known as Philodendron 'Golden Dragon', is a unique and beautiful cultivar of the popular Philodendron family. As the name suggests, this plant features crocodile-like markings on 'Golden Crocodile' leaves in shades of gold, green, and brown, giving it a distinctive appearance.
The leaves of the 'Golden Crocodile' philodendron are large and glossy, with a smooth texture and a pointed tip. The leaves are deeply lobed and have a distinct shape resembling an arrowhead, which is typical of many philodendrons.
New leaves of the Philodendron 'Golden Crocodile' are so bright they almost glow, and eventually settle into a vibrant yellow sure to stand out on the shelf. They enjoy a bright, but not direct light and are an easy-to-grow Philodendron. The 'Golden Crocodile' can also be propagated by cuttings, and shared with friends.
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Philodendron hybrid
- Common Name: ‘Golden Crocodile’, ‘Golden Saw’
- Family: Aroid
- Native Range: Tropical America’s
Ed's Care Guide
- Care Level: Moderate
- Light: Prefers medium to bright indirect light
- Water: Use a well-draining soil mix and keep moist during summer. Allow to dry out completely between waterings during winter.
- Humidity: Average
- Temperature: 65-75F
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves and control growth.
- Feeding: Fertilize with an all-purpose liquid plant food during spring and summer once a month
- Propagation: Stem cuttings in water
- Growth: Upright, bushy, can grow to about 2 feet in diameter
- Pests: Generally not subject to pests with regular maintenance
- Toxicity: Toxic to humans and pets
Like this plant, you may enjoy other Philodendrons, click here to explore our offerings.