The Dieffenbachia Maculata ‘White Etna’ fashions large paddle-shaped leaves, rich with different shades of green and spotted white variegation. This is a sought after member of the Dieffenbachia family because its white variegation does not require the hassle of providing the right humidity, light and delicate watering demands of other tropical variegated plants. Bright, direct light ideal is ideal for these plants, but they can adapt to most lighting conditions.
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Dieffenbachia Maculata
- Common Name: White Edna
- Family: Arum
- Native Range: Central and South America
Ed's Care Guide
- Care: Level Easy
- Light: Prefers right, directbut they can adapt to most lighting conditions.
- Water: Water thoroughly after soil is completely dry
- Humidity: Average humidity
- Temperature: 55-72F
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves.
- Feeding: Fertilize regularly (every 4 to 6 weeks) with a balanced, diluted fertilizer
- Growth: Upright
- Propagation: Division
- Common Pests: Look out for spider mites, aphids, mealybugs, and scale insects
- Toxicity: Toxic to humans and pets