How to Choose the Perfect Watering Can
Houseplants add life to your home and improve air quality, but they need proper watering to thrive. A good watering can is essential for this task, but with so many options on the market, it is hard to know what the perfect can for your needs is. This guide will help you in selecting the Best Watering Cans for Houseplants for your houseplants.
- Capacity- Consider the size of your plants and the number of plants you have. A larger can may be more convenient if you have a lot of plants, but it can also be heavy and unwieldy. On the other hand, a smaller can be easier to maneuver, but it will require more trips to the sink to water all your plants.
- Spout- The spout should be long enough to reach the soil level of your pot without getting too close to the foliage. Some Long Spout Watering Cans are adjustable, which can help water different plants.
- Sprinkler head- A sprinkler head allows for gentle, even watering that is better for delicate plants. We do not recommend watering directly on the foliage, only water the soil to reduce the chance of foliage damage.
- Material- Watering cans are typically made of metal, plastic, or ceramic. Steel Watering Can are durable, and can last for years as long as they’re galvanized or Zinc Dipped (like our Plint A/S cans). Plastic cans are lightweight and less prone to rust but may crack or break if dropped. Ceramic cans are attractive, but they are also heavy and breakable.
- Comfort- Look for a comfortable watering can that is easy to hold and pour. Some cans have ergonomic handles and balanced designs that make them easier to use.
The Plant Time Concept refers to the schedule or frequency at which plants should be watered. This can vary depending on the plant's species, the pot's size, the temperature, humidity, and the amount of light it receives. The most common watering cans you’ll find on the market are as follows:
- English watering Cans- They are known for their traditional design and functional features. English Watering Can are typically made of metal, such as brass or steel, and often have a long spout for precise watering.
- Metal Watering Can- Metal watering cans are commonly used for watering plants and gardens. Metal Watering Can are often made of metal materials such as steel or brass and are known for their durability and longevity.
- Long Spout Watering Cans- Long spout watering cans are designed with a long spout for precise watering, especially for plants in pots and containers. The long tap helps to reach deep into the pots without getting too close to the foliage.
Choosing the correct watering can for your houseplants is a matter of balancing your needs and preferences. Consider the size of your plants, the type of spout you need, and the material of the can when making your decision. You can find the perfect watering can for your indoor garden with some research.