Geogenanthus ciliatus - Geo plant
We have run out of stock for this item.
Geogenanthus ciliatus, more commonly called (and easier to say) Geo Plant is a fun, fleshy-leaved plant that is sure to bring a little interest into your home. The palm-sized foliage resembles something like a Ficus, but the Geo Plant features interesting flowers, something you wouldn't get from a Ficus. The elegant foliage of the Geo Plant creates a fantastic contrast to ferns and other lacy houseplants.
The best place to place a Geo Plant is somewhere with bright, direct sunlight and slightly higher humidity levels than other plants. We really enjoy placing our Geo Plant in the bathroom, it really adds a tropical vibe! Geo Plants are relatively rare, so be sure to scoop one up before we run out!
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Geogenanthus ciliatus
- Common Name(s): Geo Plant
- Family: Commelinaceae
- Native Range: Ecuador, Peru
Ed's Care Guide
- Care Level: Intermediate
- Light: Prefers medium to low light conditions. Also does well in artificial (fluorescent) lighting
- Water: Do not allow the soil to dry between waterings, check every few days to keep soil evenly moist
- Humidity: Moderate to high humidity
- Temperature: 60-70F. Avoid cold drafts.
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves.
- Feeding: Fertilize with diluted liquid fertilizer during spring and summer.
- Propagation: Root division, stem cuttings
- Growth: Upright
- Common Pests: Look out for spider mites, mealy bugs &scale
- Toxicity: nontoxic
Enjoy rare houseplants? Click here to check out some of our other favorites!