The Purple Star Lipstick Plant is a captivating botanical gem that dazzles with its vibrant foliage and charming blooms. This unique variety of the Lipstick Plant family showcases deep green leaves adorned with purple hues, accentuated by star-like patterns, creating a mesmerizing visual spectacle. With its cascading vines and striking tubular flowers reminiscent of lipstick tubes, this plant brings a touch of exotic beauty to any indoor space, adding a splash of color and elegance to your botanical haven. Easy to care for and thriving in moderate light, it's a stunning choice for plant enthusiasts seeking both beauty and resilience in their collection.
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Aeschynanthus Longicaulis
- Common Name(s): Lipstick Plant 'Purple Star', Purple Star Lipstick Plant
- Family: Gesneriaceae
- Native Range: Vietnam, Malaysia & Thailand
Ed's Care Guide
- Care Level: Easy
- Light: Medium light to partial shade
- Water: Allow to dry fully between waterings
- Humidity: Basic household humidity
- Temperature: 75-85F
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves.
- Feeding: Fertilize using a general-purpose houseplant fertilizer monthly during spring and summer
- Propagation: Stem Cuttings
- Growth: Vining, Bushy
- Common Pests: Look out for aphids, mealybugs, and mites
- Toxicity: Known to be nontoxic to dogs, cats and humans yet may cause reactions in certain individuals if ingested. With all plants we recommend keeping them out of reach of children and pets.