The Aeschynanthus radicans 'Rasta,' a captivating and exotic addition to your indoor garden. With its vibrant, cascading foliage in shades of red, green, and yellow, this unique houseplant brings a tropical touch to any space. Easy to care for and known for its striking appearance, the 'Rasta' is sure to turn heads and add a splash of color to your home.
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Aeschynanthus radicans 'Rasta'
- Common Name(s): Lipstick Plant Rasta plant, Rasta Lipstick Plant
- Family: Gesneriaceae
- Native Range: Vietnam, Malaysia & Thailand
Ed's Care Guide
- Care Level: Easy
- Light: Medium light to partial shade
- Water: Allow to dry fully between waterings
- Humidity: Basic household humidity
- Temperature: 75-85F
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves.
- Feeding: Fertilize using a general-purpose houseplant fertilizer monthly during spring and summer
- Propagation: Stem Cuttings
- Growth: Vining, Bushy
- Common Pests: Look out for aphids, mealybugs, and mites
- Toxicity: Known to be nontoxic to dogs, cats and humans yet may cause reactions in certain individuals if ingested. With all plants we recommend keeping them out of reach of children and pets.