Alocasia cuprea 'Red Secret'
Alocasia cuprea 'Red Secret' – a botanical gem that's sure to steal the spotlight in your plant collection! With its striking metallic foliage in shades of deep green and red, this Alocasia adds a touch of exotic elegance to any space. Its compact size makes it perfect for both seasoned plant enthusiasts and newcomers alike, and its unique appearance is bound to spark conversations and admiration from all who encounter it.
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Alocasia cuprea 'Red Secret'
- Common Name: Red Secret Arrowhead, Red Secret
- Family: Araceae
- Native Range: Southeast Asia
Ed's Care Guide
- Care: Moderate
- Light: Bright, indirect light. Avoid direct light.
- Water: Keep soil moist, but not soggy
- Humidity: High. 55% or above
- Temperature: 60-75F. Avoid cold drafts.
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves and control growth.
- Feeding: Fertilize 1/2 strength monthly during the spring and summer
- Growth: Upright. Can grow to 2-6' tall
- Propagation: Root division in spring or early summer
- Pests: Look out for mealybugs, spider mites, aphids
- Toxicity: Toxic to humans and pets.