Ceropegia Woodii Variegata - Variegated String of Hearts
Highly sought after and extremely popular with collectors of houseplants and succulents alike, the Variegated String of Hearts is one of those plants that just has a certain something about it. Growing luscious soft green, creamy-edged leaves under average conditions, the variegated string of hearts can become even more heart-like the more light you give it, as this causes its leaves to gain a vibrant pink hue!
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Ceropegia Woodii Variegata
- Common Name(s): Variegated String of Hearts
- Family: Apocynaceae
- Native Range: South Africa, Swaziland, Zimbabwe
Ed's Care Guide
- Care Level: Moderate
- Light: Bright indirect to direct sunlight
- Water: Water thoroughly, but allow the soil to dry between watering.
- Humidity: Low
- Temperature: 60-70F. Avoid cold drafts.
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves.
- Feeding: Fertilize with diluted liquid fertilizer during spring and summer.
- Propagation: Very easy to propagate from cuttings in water, soil or sphagnum moss.
- Growth: Trailing
- Common Pests: Mealybugs, aphids, scale & spider mites
- Toxicity: Non-Toxic
Like the variegated string of hearts and want to see other similar strings of things? Click here!