Chamaecyparis Lawsoniana ‘Ellwoodii’ - False Cypress
The Chamaecyparis Lawsoniana ‘Ellwoodii’ or False Cypress is known as a popular landscaping plant because of it’s hardy nature and ability to keep it’s shape without pruning. These qualities also make it a great desk/office plant that won’t take up too much of your attention during the workday! We have specimens that are about a foot tall, but their slow indoor growth means there’s no need to worry about these tiny trees getting out of hand! Look closely and you’ll find blue hues along the branches, and don’t be afraid to run your fingers across the surprisingly soft foliage!
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Chamaecyparis Lawsoniana ‘Ellwoodii’
- Pronunciation: kam-e-SIP-a-ris la-so-ni-A-na
- Common Name(s): False Cypress
- Family: Cupressaceae
- Native Range: Western United States
Ed's Care Guide
- Care Level: Easy
- Light: Full sun to partial shade
- Water: Water thoroughly, but allow the soil to dry between watering.
- Humidity: Low
- Temperature: 50-80F
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves.
- Feeding: Fertilize with diluted liquid fertilizer during spring and summer.
- Propagation: semi-hardwood cuttings
- Growth: Upright
- Common Pests: Pest resistant
- Toxicity: Non-Toxic