Cupressus 'Goldcrest' - Holiday Goldcrest False Cypress
Introducing the Goldcrest Cypress, a vibrant and versatile evergreen that will illuminate your garden with its striking golden foliage. This compact and hardy conifer is not only a standout feature but also an excellent choice for hedging, border planting, or container gardening. Its aromatic lemony scent and natural resistance to pests make it a favorite among gardeners. The Goldcrest Cypress adds a touch of year-round brilliance and fragrance to your outdoor space, making it an ideal choice for those seeking both beauty and resilience in their landscape.
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Cupressus 'Goldcrest'
- Common Name: Goldcrest Cypress, Goldcrest Evergreen, Goldcrest False Cypress
- Family: Araucariaceae
- Native Range: Subtropical Regions of the South Pacific
Ed's Care Guide
- Care Level: Moderate
- Light: Prefers bright, direct light
- Water: Keep the soil moist, but not wet. If the plant stays too dry, the tips of its branches will turn brown and crispy
- Humidity: High
- Temperature: Does best in temperatures in the low 60sF
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead branches and control growth.
- Feeding: Fertilize with with a water soluble balanced fertilizer during spring and summer
- Pests: Look out for scale, spider mites and mealybugs.
- Toxicity: Toxic to humans and pets