Dracaena Masoniana 'Whale Fin Snake Plant'
Nicknamed the 'Whale Fin Snake Plant' for its unusually wide and paddle-like leaves, the Dracaena Masoniana is a hard to find member of the Snake Plant family. Leaves are mottled with patterns of dark and light green, with margins that are often a pinkish red. Though slow growing, it will reach an impressive size compared to other members of the genus. Great for beginners, this plant can adapt to a variety of environments and needs little maintenance.
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Dracaena Masoniana
- Common Name: Whale Fin Snake Plant
- Family: Asparagaceae
- Native Range: Africa
Ed's Care Guide
- Care Level: Easy
- Light: Thrives in bright, indirect light yet can tolerate low lighting conditions
- Water: Allow soil to completely dry out between watering. Plant is drought-tolerant and the most common issue is over-watering
- Humidity: Any level
- Temperature: 55-85F
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves and control growth.
- Feeding: Fertilize 1/2 strength monthly during spring and summer
- Growth: Upright
- Pests: Typically free from serious disease and pest problems
- Toxicity: Toxic to humans and pets
Limit 1 per customer.