Pachira Aquatica 'Money Tree' Floor Plant - NYC Local Pickup & Delivery Only
This Plant Must Be Purchased And Reserved Online Before Pickup.
Please Allow 7-10 Days For Your Order To Be Prepared
The Money Tree is a desirable houseplant among growers because of both the tradition it represents of bringing good fortune homes and for its ease of care. The Money Tree became popular in the 1980's in Taiwan and is now available around the world, often in Bonsai form. It usually has a central trunk made up of three, five, or seven stems that are often braided together, with a top that has the “lucky” 5 lobed leaf arrangements. It is adaptable to different lighting conditions, but prefers medium to bright indirect light. Also, not only might this plant bring good fortune, it also has the benefit of being friendly to all you four legged family and friends.
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Pachira Aquatica
- Common Name(s): Money Tree
- Family: Malvaceae
- Native Range: The wetlands in Central and South America
Ed's Care Guide
- Care Level: Easy
- Light: Prefers medium to bright direct light. Can tolerate low light conditions.
- Water: Water thoroughly and then allow the top 1"- 2" of soil to dry out before watering again. Requires less water during the winter months when resting.
- Humidity: High
- Temperature: 65-75F
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves
- Feeding: Fertilize monthly during spring and summer using a balanced plant food diluted to 1/2 the recommended strength
- Propagation: Stem cuttings
- Growth: Upright
- Pests: Look out for mealy bugs, scale and aphids
- Toxicity: Non-toxic to humans and pets. However, with all plants, we recommend you exercise caution with children and pets.