Philodendron ‘Florida Green’
The Philodendron ‘Florida Green’ is the completely green (and therefore easier to care for) version of the popular “Florida Ghost’. As the plant matures, the unique lobes of the leaves become more pronounced giving it that iconic shape. We highly recommend keeping this plant on a moss pole to encourage strong growth as the petioles can be quite brittle, but other than that it’s easy to care for. Try not to let it dry out all the way between waterings, and provide it medium indirect light for the best results, and you’ll have those stunning leaves before you know it!
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Philodendron
- Common Name: 'Florida Green’
- Family: Aroid
- Native Range: Brazil
Ed's Care Guide
- Care Level: Easy
- Light: Moderate to bright indirect light, can tolerate shade. Avoid direct light as this can burn/fade the leaves
- Water: Use a well draining soil mix and keep evenly moist but not soggy by using well aerated soil and a pot with drainage.
- Humidity: Average
- Temperature: 65-75F
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves and control growth.
- Feeding: Fertilize with an all-purpose liquid plant food during spring and summer once a month
- Propagation: Stem cuttings in water
- Growth: Upright, vining
- Pests: Generally not subject to pests with regular maintenance
- Toxicity: Toxic to humans and pets