The Joboa belongs to the Sansevieria genus that has most recently been reclassified in the Dracaenaceae family of plants. Native to Africa, this plant comprises of long and stiff dark-green leaves with spotted grey strips.The plant is extremely resistant and can adapt to most indoor environments, but prefers bright light and infrequent watering for best growth.
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Sansevieria Jaboa
- Family: Asparagaceae
- Native Range: China
Ed's Care Guide
- Care Level: Easy
- Light: Can tolerate any lighting conditions but prefers bright light. Low light conditions will stifle growth.
- Water: Allow soil to completely dry out before watering. Plant is drought-tolerant.
- Humidity: Medium
- Temperature: 50-85F
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves and control growth.
- Feeding: Fertilize with a general-purpose plant food only during spring and summer.
- Propagation: Easily propagated through division
- Pests: Generally resilient to pests
- Toxicity: Toxic to humans and pets