Alpine Schefflera ‘Umbrella Tree'
We have run out of stock for this item.
Newer to the market than the Schefflera Arboricola (Dwarf Umbrella Tree), the Alpine Schefflera hails from Asia and follows many of the same care guidelines as its cousin. There is, however one large difference- this variety is more tolerant of the cold. With leaves similar to a Ficus Audrey and the same growth pattern as the Umbrella Tree, this is a great foliage plant that prefers light on the brighter side and its soil to be consistently moist.
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Schefflera Alpina
- Common Name(s): Schefflera Alpina
- Family: Schefflera
- Native Range: Vietnam
Ed’s Care Guide
- Care Level: Easy
- Light: Prefers moderate to bright indirect light
- Water: Water consistently so as to keep soil must but not wet
- Humidity: Moderate to high humidity
- Temperature: 55-85F
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves.
- Feeding: Fertilize every two weeks with liquid houseplant fertilizer during spring and summer and monthly in fall and winter
- Propagation: Air Layering
- Common Pests: Look out for mealybugs and spider mites
- Toxicity: Toxic to humans and pets. Exercise caution with children and pets.