Pink Princess Philodendron is one of the hottest plants on the market right now! Everyone, from your favorite plant-fluencers to your casual hobbyists are trying to get their hands on a ‘Pink Princess’ Philodendron! This rare Philodendron hybrid grows in a pattern similar to the ‘Congo Rojo’, but with vibrant streaks of pink variegation along the leaves that make it a superstar plant in any collection.
While Pink Princess Philodendrons are generally easy to care for, you’ll want to pay special attention since it’s more difficult to come by and a tad more sensitive. In order to maintain it’s variegation it will need lots of bright indirect light, however direct sun will burn the leaves. You’ll also want to try to keep humidity at or above 60% so that then leaves of your Pink Princess Philodendron grow large and the plant stays healthy.
Ed's Plant Profile
- Botanical Name: Philodendron erubescens
- Common Name: Pink Princess Philodendron
- Family: Araceae
- Native Range: Central America
Ed's Care Guide
- Care Level: Moderate
- Light: Prefers bright indirect light, will lose variegation (pink bits) in low light
- Water: Water only weekly. Avoid overwatering
- Humidity: Needs humidity at 60% or more for best growth
- Temperature: 60-75F for optimal growth. Avoid cold drafts and heating or cooling vents.
- Pruning: Prune as needed to remove brown or dead leaves and control growth. As the plant matures, it may benefit from a support pole to keep an upright shape.
- Feeding: Fertilize with an all-purpose liquid plant food during spring and summer.
- Propagation: Stem cuttings in water or soil
- Growth: Grows slowly, upright
- Pests: Generally not subject to pests
- Toxicity: Toxic to humans and pets
Interested in other Philodendrons, check out our others here!
**Important Information - Please read before ordering***
This plant has limited availability and is available in multiple sizes using the drop-down menu. You will receive a healthy variegated Philodendron Pink Princess in the nursery pot size of your choosing. The images are examples of the plants you could expect to receive, not the exact plant. Each plant has it's own unique shape, size, personality and variegation. When fulfilling orders, we do our best to pick the largest plants with the most variegation and healthy growth. Due to the popularity of this plant we are not able to accommodate requests for images of each individual plant! **